Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Welcome to Full Motherhood


"This is hard."

And it's true. It is really hard.

Once you're in the mom club life gets full of contradictions and confusion. Day to day pace picks up and trudges along at the same time. You can feel completely bored and overwhelmed by things to do at the same time. All you want is to be alone and when you are you can't help but miss that face, that smile, that giggle. It's easy to feel lost and find your own way in a sea of parenting decisions, online forums and pushy family members.

I'm not an mom expert. But I do have experience as a behavioral health therapist and my reflections on mental health have been a saving grace for me in my own motherhood journey. I inspire to have a full motherhood-one that invigorates me, challenges me, exhausts me, and ultimately fulfills me.


So welcome to Full Motherhood. I intend for this blog to be of encouragement for all you moms out there, drawing on mental and emotional wellness concepts to help you find your own fulfillment in motherhood. From coping with anxiety, frustration or anger and finding peace within the moment, rejecting judgment and societal expectations, and finding your own mom confidence, I hope my weekly posts leave you feeling a little bit lighter of the negative and fuller of self-awareness and joy in privilege of being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment